The final event of the EcoSUSTAIN project, a transnational operation for conservation of biodiversity and natural ecosystems, will be held in Mantua on Friday, 5 April 2019. Leader partner is the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Maritime Studies.
The public conference will take place from 8.45 am to 1 pm in the L'Ottagono auditorium at the Mamu Center in Mantua. Participation is free but with registration required: www.eventbrite.it/e/ecosustain-public-technical-joint-event-final-visibility-event-registration-58707488679 and will be held in English, with simultaneous translation.
In the two days preceding the final conference, the delegations of the countries involved in the planning will be involved in a study visit in the territories of the Parco del Mincio, coordinated by the Park authority and dedicated to the deepening of issues related to the presentation of the River Contract, satellite monitoring of water by CNR-Inrea and environmental education and communication, with a visit to Parco Bertone and Center for reintroduction of the stork, and to the Governolo river museum.
The 5 European protected areas involved in the transnational operation, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, are Parco Del Mincio (IT), La Albufera Natural Park (ES), Una National Park (BA), Krka National Park (HR), L environmental development area Karla-Mavrovouni-Kefalovriso-Velestino (GR). The total budget of the European project is € 1,753,226.36 (ERDF funding € 1,485,672.36 - IPA Budget € 267.554,00).
PUBLIC TECHNICAL JOINT EVENT
Organized by Hosting Partner MINCIO PARK and ALOT s.r.l.
• 8:45 – 9:00 Registration
• 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome and Introduction
• 9:15 – 9:35 Overview of EcoSUSTAIN project with focus on water quality monitoring systems
• 9:35 – 10:15 Innovative methods for water quality monitoring Short Term Monitoring system (STMS) introduction -- What is STMS and how to apply it for water quality management
• 10:15 – 10:40 STMS applied in Mincio Park
• 10:40 – 11:00 Innovative methods for water quality monitoring: Long Term Monitoring system (LTMS) and its application in Lake Karla
• 11:00 – 11:20 Inland water quality monitoring by innovative remote sensing methods in Mincio Park, EU FP7-SPACE INFORM project
• 11:20 – 11:35 Coffee break
FINAL VISIBILITY EVENT
Organized by Hosting Partner MINCIO PARK and RAUSK
• 11:45 – 11:55 Registration
• 11:55 – 12:05 Introduction and EcoSUSTAIN video
• 12:05 – 12:30 EcoSUSTAIN achievements
• 12:30 – 13:00 Round table on key benefits achieved by National Parks and Protected Areas: RP Mincio (IT), NP Krka (HR), NP Karla (EL), l'Albufera (ES), NP Una (BiH).
Simultaneous translation available